Friday, January 27, 2012

Hands Down

The full grasp of winter is upon us here in the Midwest and one of the benefits of living in this frozen tundra is the constant battle with dry skin. The air outside combined with the heat inside really takes a toll on my skin every winter and it starts to get noticeable with my crochet work. My hands can get so rough that I find them snagging the yarn. I’m not a big nail polish wearer and don’t often have time for a professional manicure but two products that I’m using this year and absolutely love are Curel and Seche Vite.

Curel makes an inexpensive line of moisturizing products that work great, are not greasy and a minute after I’ve applied it, I’m ready to hit the yarn again. Check out their site at http://www.curel.com/

My second must have is Seche Vite dry fast topcoat. If you’re going to polish you must get this item. When I do polish it’s base coat and two color coats – a lot of layers to dry. Apply this dry fast topcoat and you are good to go in 5 minutes. In all honesty, I wouldn’t crochet after 5 minutes, but you’re able to grab keys, type, etc. Maybe 15-20 minutes before I’d pick up the hook and yarn. Unlike the Curel, Seche isn’t cheap. It’s about $10 at Ulta, but SO worth it. Grab an Ulta coupon off the web or in the Sunday paper and make it an even better deal. Check out Seche at http://www.seche.com/

Your hands will thank you.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite hand and face lotion of all time is called Complex 15. It just vanishes into the skin seconds after I put it on.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...