Thursday, September 1, 2011

Embroidery Projects for Donna

by Kelly

Donna recently cleaned out her cedar chest and found a couple of embroidery projects that she wanted finished. Unfortunately, she doesn't embroidery, so she passed them along to me. The first is a pretty pink rose cross stitch pattern.


Unfortunately, since the hoop and needle were left on the fabric before the project was put away, there are quite a few rust stains. I tried some stain remover (Zout) with no luck, but now I'm trying a more organic method - lemon juice and sunshine. Supposedly, this will bleach the rust stains away in a few days. If that fails, I will have to search out spot remover containing oxalic acid. I'll keep you updated on the progress.

The second project looks even more fun - embroidered violets and lace.


I get to play with my limited supply of stitch knowledge for this one. I'm going to try twisted chain stitch for the first time. I'll be learning from this video on Needle 'n Thread. Mary's videos are always really easy to follow, so I'm hoping my learning curve will be short - I'm impatient to see what it looks like on this project!

Update - for the finished projects click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...