Friday, October 28, 2011

Playing with the Crochet Hook

by Kelly

I knit more than I crochet. But lately every time I need to learn something new when I'm knitting, it involves a crochet hook. For example, a provisional cast on requires a crochet hook. Here's a YouTube video by showing how this is done. Then I found this neat method of picking up stitches with a crochet hook, from a site called techknitting. And of course, if you drop a stitch, it's easier to pick it up with a hook than unravel down to the dropped stitch. Putting fringe on a scarf is also way easier with a hook.

So I started to wonder what else you could do with a crochet hook beyond crocheting. Turns out, there's quite a bit.

About.com has a tutorial featuring Tunisian crochet , which is done with a hook but looks just like knitting,

Rug making with fabric strips and threads to produce a woven look.

Filet crochet

Wikipedia

and my new favorite, called Knooking. I especially love Knooking because it has it's own theme song. You gotta love the kind of people that make up their own needlecraft and then create a song to sing while doing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...