Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My newest obsession



I have been crocheting many years and never made dishcloths. I decided to make one a few weeks ago and since then I have seen so many pretty patterns and I just want to try them all. Soon I will have as much cotton yarn as I do acrylic yarn and thread. Every time I buy some more yarn my husband asks me why. He thinks I have enough yarn. He is probably right but I just can't resist. Same way with patterns and books. I just can't resist.

I have been working on my patriotic placemats and it wasn't going well. I made one using a hook a size smaller than recommended and it was still too big by two and a half inches. So I took it all apart. I was very frustrated so I took a break and made dishcloths. The picture is above. I'm back working on the placemats again. I'm using a hook two sizes smaller than recommended. I have one placemat finished and a second one half done. Since everything is going well I don't have an excuse to quit and make dishcloths. Another day!

2 comments:

  1. I had actually thought of getting rid of all my yarn and bringing it up there to give to you. Then I started getting back into making blankets again and now I'm looking at buying even more yarn and books.

    Now, I'm at least using the majority of the yarn that I have in stock. Currently, I'm at three five-gallon tubs of yarn and one three feet by two feet vacuum space bag of yarn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't take long to accumulate a stash of yarn. But it is hard to figure out ways to cut down the amount you have. My stash just seems to get bigger.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...