Monday, October 22, 2012

Mittens on Three Needles

by Kelly

Come for a walk through the autumn landscape with me:





Meanwhile, I'm knitting mittens in the round this time. Yay, no seaming! Of course, this type of knitting does come with other challenges. For example, the thumb is knitted last. Which makes me wonder about gloves. If you have to knit each finger individually, no wonder fingerless gloves are so popular.


But I will persevere. I definitely aim to achieve gloves this year, because I remember refusing to wear mittens after a certain age and I want to knit something that older kids will be happy to wear.

After all, cold weather is coming, and everyone deserves warm hands. 


1 comment:

  1. Your fall pictures are gorgeous. I'm sure you will master the art of mittens and gloves this year. You always manage.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...