Monday, June 25, 2012

Show and Tell

by Kelly




A new sea green shawl and about twenty more crochet hexagons. This hexagon blanket won't be too small, unlike the first one I made.


I have a pair of jeans that I've never been very happy with, so I decided to turn them into jean shorts. Luckily, my sewing skills have improved greatly since the first pair I ever made, when I was 13, and I'm fairly confident that I can do it now. In fact, I made a pair last year that I've been wearing constantly.

So, of course, I've set my sights really high, and decided to try something new....

via ievos pievos

Jean shorts with lacy crochet trim! How crazy cool is that? Am I the only one who thinks these are awesome? I don't care if I am...I'm making myself a pair anyway. Or at least, I'm going to try to. If you'd like a pair too, visit ievos pievos and check out her tutorial first.

5 comments:

  1. I liked the colors on these hexagons. I also like the crocheted shorts. I would like a pair but I'm not sure I have the patience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a dilemma with those hexagons - I have about sixty with light blue edges and about 25 of those with the dark blue edge. What other color can I use for an edging, to balance the dark blue? I tried the yellow and didn't like it. Red didn't look right either. Should I try a dark green or purple? I'm kinda stumped, here.

      Delete
  2. Was that all the dark blue yarn I had? What about another shade of blue? Or maybe a dark rose? Maybe you should look through my stash again and see if anything jumps out and grabs you and says "Take me."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh...dark rose...
    At any rate, ALL your yarn wants to come home with me. That's why I have two big bins full already. Why does it seem like, no matter how much yarn you have, it's just not right for the project at hand??

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it's not right for the task at hand then you have an excuse to get more. That is why your stash gets bigger instead of smaller. You'll have to go through my stash again to see if there is anything you can use for your hexagons. If I run out of yarn(That's a laugh) I'll come go through yours.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...