Saturday, June 4, 2011

Crafty Books - Top Ten Catchiest Titles

by Kelly

Crafty books that caught my eye... 

  1. Not Tonight, Darling, I'm Knitting
  2. It Itches
  3. Simple Times : Crafts for Poor People
  4. Stupid Sock Creatures
  5. Things I Learned From Knitting:...Whether I Wanted to or Not
  6. Crochet Liberation Front
  7. Subversive Cross Stitch
  8. Stitch 'N Bitch: The Happy Hooker
  9. Anticraft - Knitting, Beading, and Stitching  for the Slightly Sinister
  10. Knockdown Knits: Thirty Projects from the Roller Derby Track
 I can't personally vouch for any of these books except for Simple Times - Crafts for Poor People. That one I have read.

I especially liked the page about 'Most Common Crafting Accidents', because, when I was learning how to embroider two years ago, I cut my finger very badly with a pair of embroidery scissors. As I was standing in the bathroom, applying pressure and waiting for the bleeding to stop, my husband came in, and asked with concern, "What happened to you?"

My answer? "Crafting is more dangerous than it looks."


For more strange crafty books, click here

1 comment:

  1. Great titles. I actually have a friend at work who is training to be in the roller derby - I didn't even realize they still existed! AND SHE KNITS! Can someone say Christmas present!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...