Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day

It's Labor Day and folks everywhere are trying to eek out that last little bit of summer. I was at the store yesterday and people everywhere were stocking up on BBQ basics. We're doing a small cookout later today - burgers and dogs I think - nothing too fancy. For me, though it's not a celebration of the end of summer as much as an enthusiastic nod to fall. Autumn if far and away my favorite season. Woke up to 52 degrees this morning! Now that's a temperature to love. Windows are all flung open and the tea kettle is humming. Ah.


It's also my favorite sports season - football and chili! We're at it again this year at chicagofootballchili.com - one new chili each week - can't believe there are new chili thoughts but amazingly there are. We're kicking off the season opener with the Falcons on the 11th and we've done a Double Jack and Coke chili. Check it out at http://www.chicagofootballchili.com/

2 comments:

  1. Yay for football chili! I'm one of those people who doesn't have a favorite season - I like certain things about all of them. But today I'm huddled in the house with the windows closed. Brrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you manage to come up with so many ideas for chili. You are so creative with food. I still have canned tomatoes if you need them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...